For the children, wrapping paper. For others baskets. Sometimes I use gift bags for unusual-shaped or bulky items.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial since I do so many trees and I don't want to deal with the pine needles of a real tree. Also, since I'm the only adult in my household I have no idea how I would get a real tree in the tree stand. Lol.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The big traditional family tree is put up between the 2nd and 4th week of November. The other trees start going up the day after Halloween.
4. When do you take the tree down?
The tree does not come down until after Kings Day, the 6th of January. If I took it down earlier my grandmother and father would come back to haunt me. Lol.
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The year I got 10 Barbie dolls, 1 Ken doll, and all the accessories. Thank goodness for yard sales.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. I have several since it is one of things I collect.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My mother because I feel the gift has to be perfect. Long story.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My children and dog.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
Not receiving a gift for Christmas.
11. Mail or email Christmas card?
Definitely mail. Though, I do send e-greetings too.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The old Rankin Bass animated shows.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I love it all. Lol.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
With having a variety of trees, I have both, depending on the theme of the tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Too many to list: Santa Baby, Mary Did You Know? (Favorite), Jingle Bell Rock, others that I cannot remember the titles of right now.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We stay home on Christmas day.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer?
Yes, I can.
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star?
Depends on the theme of the tree. Both.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
The kids open two gifts on Christmas Eve: (1) pajamas to wear that night so that the kids look crisp and clean for pictures on Christmas morning, and (2) one book or movie to watch read or watch on Christmas Eve. All other gifts are opened on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Commercialism, being a humbug.
23. Best thing about Christmas?
Christmas spirit, believing in Santa Claus, the birth of our Savior.
24. Favorite Christmas quote? Believing is seeing.